Johann Christian Wacker opens the Wacker blacksmith's shop in Dresden, Germany.
Beginning of industrial production.
Focus to light construction equipment. The first electric rammer is developed and produced, an innovation in concrete and soil compaction. At the same time, Wacker develops the high-frequency technology for internal vibrators.
Expansion of the production program and the creation of a domestic and international sales and trade organization.
After the total loss of its production facilities in Dresden at the end of World War II, the 4th generation of the Wacker family resumes operations in Kulmbach, relocating the company's head office to Munich in 1951.
The company opens its first foreign affiliate with production and sales facilities in Hartford, Wisconsin (USA).
The Reichertshofen production plant is established.
The production facility in Milwaukee, USA is rebuilt. It is now the headquarters of Wacker Neuson Corporation.
The production plant in Manila, Philippines is established.
The group is restructured to Wacker Construction Equipment AG.
The company extends the compact construction machines business field by acquiring the Weidemann Group, a leading Central European manufacturer of small and medium-sized wheel loaders used in agriculture, gardening and landscaping architecture.
To strengthen the leading market position in various product categories in the light construction equipment segment, Wacker acquired the Swiss company Drillfix AG and the US-based Ground Heaters Inc.
Wacker launches an IPO to finance future growth. The company has been listed on the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange since May 15, 2007.
Merging of the Wacker Construction Equipment AG and the Neuson Kramer Baumaschinen AG on October 31, 2007.